Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

FireRed Omega: Meeting Giovanni

While a-visiting Celadon City, I happened to note that ill-tempered men in silly suits were wandering about, scowling at townsfolk. They were Rockets. Thinking perhaps a Minion Convention was in town, I mosied into the Game Corner to shake down people for money see why people were complaining about it. I spoke to one fellow, who insisted on battling me and yelled something about a switch behind the poster. That revealed a staircase, and subsequently an evil lair! I was quite beside myself with the opportunity to fight dorks, and four floors down I found this man: Giovanni, Criminal Genius.

He opens with a Rhyhorn, and I order Matthias to Karate-Chop it. The Rhyhorn proves resilient and manages to strike against Matt before succumbing.

Giovannia announces that he's sending out a Kanga, so I counter with Gaia: her RazorLeaf will send Kanga a-runnin'!

Gaia! :-( Kanga withstood RazorLeaf and Toxic, and its own "Double Edge" dropped Gaia more quickly than I anticipated. This is bad news: I figured Gaia would wipe up his entire team.

When you need vengeance, call in Thaddaeus.

Persia was not at all impressive. Notice Dreikopf's name has been changed to account for that third head. He was so embarrassed, answering to "Two-head" when he obviously had three.

Harry can't do a thing to this Houndoom, who is immune to psychic-type moves and merely yawned at Harry's "Gust". Harry managed to Sleep-Powder him and escape alive.

...leaving Matthias to do clean-up duty. Given his varied skillset, Matthias has officially earned the title of "team anchor". There are few Pokemon he can't handle. I've yet to meet one, anyway.

Ember isn't enough, but Flamethrower does the job.

I briefly considered sending in Eris to take out the Kingler, but figured Matthias reserved the final honors.

With that, Giovanni flees. His wretched hive of scum and villainy is no more.

Obviously, my Brock-era team is showing its weaknesses. I need a Water-type, but am not sure who will fit the bill...and do not know who it might replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment