Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

FireRed Omega: Cascade Badge

Ever since the first time I tried to take on Misty with my Charmeleon back in Pokemon Blue and failed spectacularly, Misty has been the gym leader I fear most. Though Sabrina is more difficult, my experience of barely scraping out wins against Misty's Starmie makes the first part of the game an extended training round of "beat Misty". When I trolled the Viridian Forest for hours, it was so I could find a Pikachu to take her out with. And now, the day has arrived.

First, let's see the team. It's the same group that I took on Brock with, only at double the experience. We've had a few evolutions: Magby to Magmar, Mankey to Primeape, and Bellsprout to Weepinbel. Hours of hard training in Mt. Moon and in the fields around Cerulean have toughened them up. Although I anticipate a hard fight, I am confident that we can win. Although I'll take out her minions with my other Pokemon, when it comes to Misty I intend to lead with Gaia the Weepinbell and back her up with Eris, the Pikachu. Both are well-armed to take out Water pokemon, but just in case they fail, the rest of the team is ready to do their part. Harry has his Sleep Powder and Confusion;  Zweikopf his Tri-Attack; and Matthias his Thunderpunch.  Let's get to work.

Her trainers are total washes. Matthias' Thunderpunch handles them easily.

Awight, you moistened bint: let's get it on. I decide to see how Matthias' Thunderpunch takes on her first Pokemon.

Hah!


Uh...heh. Obviously, Matthias can use the hell out of his Thunderpunch. But now it's time to take on the Big Bad,  the Dragon -- Starmie. How many times have my finest perished before that damned thing?

Starmie becomes the first Pokemon in Misty's retinue to not collapse completely. Paralyzed, he's unable to attack. His Sirius berry restores some health, not that it matters.

Good NIGHT! Now. Who could Misty have up her sleeve? Does she have a water demon in that sixth and final ball? Will he reduce poor Magmar to shreds?

...nope.

Yeah, I just ran down your entire gym with a Fire-type.  None of her goons so much as touched him!

That if you spend hours hunting Zubats, Solrocks, and Taillows, you can take out Misty like she's a Bug Collector in the Viridian Forest?

Uh...yay team!

No comments:

Post a Comment