Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Exploring Sims 3: Part Three

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

You can follow Sims as they go to the house and back. Or in Tobias' case, to the bookstore. Well, it's time to introduce a new player....Benny Greenbriar!

Benny is serious, cultured, fastidious, ambitious, and compassionate. In my games he's an introvert, yet pursues a political career. He enjoys playing jazz on his guitar. What will come of his Sims3 self?


Found some blank lots, I did. Here's a favorite basic design for a house. It's easy to play with.


Zooming out into map view, I find Tobias' home and zoom in. With a click, I tell Benny to go a-visitin'. That is excellent.

Hi! Tobias? My name's Benny. I'm your best friend whom you enjoy discussing philosophy and history with?  Seriously, in another life we're bros.

Benny: Classical music is your favorite, too? Outstanding. I love classical music. It is the very best.
Tobias: ...

You don't mind if I take your guitar, do you? I'm going to take it right outside.

Despite this slow start, Benny and Tobias are fond of evening chess games together.


 
In Sims2, I imagined Benny as being neurotic about cleanliness and dressing properly. Sims3 makes that more a reality.

You may've noticed the...ugliness of Benny's yard. Apparently I have to hand-paint it. 

Ta-daaaaaaa.

Tobias frequently spends the night.

...on the floor. I think Melissa's guitar playing keeps him awake.

Here's where Benny works.

Benny: I say! Who are you, good sir, and why are you a-burgling my goods?



More coming, including a day in town.





No comments:

Post a Comment