Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Allied Assault


It hasn't hit them -- so to speak -- but that explosion is the oil barrel they were standing in front of. I believe that's what TvTropes calls "too dumb to live".  Even better? Later in this same mission, a German officer accidently shot a gas barrel he was charging toward. The explosion got `em. This is the beginning of the fourth campaign of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.  I'm intending to infiltrate a command post but need to create a few diversions first.


Earlier, same mission. About to surprise some Wehrmacht grunts.


Escaping from the compound, laying out a few Wehrmacht boys.


Earlier, moving through a bombed-out town and clearing the way.


Escaping from the compound. A demon-beast with fur, also known as an attack dog, ran behind me and started savaging me, so I had to kill him. When I turned around, still re-loading, these Wehrmacht thugs were waiting for me. Err, hi guys. Ich mich ergeben? Verstehen Sie?


This. job. sucks.


He looks so surprised to see me, but I think this is because I introduced myself with a short blast from an MP-40 and I have a grenade in my hand.


You know, I think that British commando is a bit out-gunned.


Colonel Arseloch: You'll never take me alive! NEVER! NEVER!

That's the idea, old boy.  Chasing after him was fun. First he tried to hit me with his motorcycle, but I tracked him to his house and ran inside while the commandos behind me occupied themselves by firing at his troops. The troops were busy firing back, so when I ran inside, they didn't notice.  I shot anyone who got my way before corning the colonel.

The fun thing is, when I got back outside, the commandos had been ordered by the mission script to stop firing and congratulate me, even though they hadn't finished clearing the house I'd just invaded. One of them kept getting hit in the head while talking, though it didn't seem to phase him.

No comments:

Post a Comment