Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Four Iron

Avery requests to meet me at a construction site. While the men work, I’m directed to his limousine. 

“Now, my daddy always told me never to look a gift horse in the mouth, and by golly he never did,” says Avery by way of introduction. He’s a strange one. “The real estate property ain’t just high-falutin’ paper-pushin. It’s about DIRT, and the ability to clean that dirt. Now, I’ve got a tenacious bastard who’s clingin’ on to some dirt like a good ol’ prairie rat. I reckon you’re the type of guy to persuade him!”

“’Persuasion’s what I do best,” I say.  He likes that. The mark is on a golf course, inaccessible except through a main gate that has metal detectors. That’s supposed to make my job easier, since his goons won’t have guns.  Means I don’t have guns, either.  But, I’m good at spotting opportunities.

There we are. Now I’ve got access, and my guns. I know I don’t have a lot of time on the course, since no one plays golf alone,  so I hurry things up. He’s at the driving range, so I drive over there in a dinky cart until I see him. 

I’m still not sure what I’m going to do at this point.  I’ve got my handgun, but his goons seem to have every direction covered.  There were some driving clubs inside the cart, so I pretend to practice while I mull things over.  Maybe once he comes down to leave, he’ll present himself as a  better target.

After I start fooling around with the driving -- I ain’t no golfer -- he gets pissy. Seems like he wanted the range all to himself. “Who IS this guy? Boys, deal with them!” Some of the goons started walking for me, so I pulled the pistol out from under my vest and fired through the wooden platform, directly at the rich boy’s feet. He started running for it. 

I fired at the guards and started running after the mark, but he was in one of the carts and toodling away. I used a club to get some of the goons off of me, then took off after him. “A car chase on a golf course,” I said,  making the box go as fast as it could, “Un-fucking-believable.” 

I caught up to him and started firing when I got a shot, while at the same time trying to ram him. These things couldn’t take too much abuse. 

I was set to push his cart - and him with it -- into the water, but his goons caught up us and hauled me out of the car. I still had my pistol, though, so in short time they were running for their lives and I was in the cart. 

I caught up with him again near the entrance, and was able to fire directly at the driver’s seat. I took care of the evidence, made sure he was dead, then got the hell out of there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment