Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

FireRed Omega: Soul Badge


Here we are in Fuschia City, home of the Safari Park. I'm challenging Koga so I can use surf and get the hell out of this town. Training seemed more monotonous than usual, and since I accidentally challenged gyms out of order, Koga should be no match for me.


The team, as you can see, remains mostly unchanged from the battle with Sabrina. Ordinarily I would've leveled them up to at least sixty, but the low-level mons made it too much a chore. Eager to get to Cinnabar Island -- with its mansion ideal for level-grinding --- I decide to take on Koga without lot of training.


He's taken aback that someone as inexperienced as I am would dare tackle him.


Eris starts us off, thunderbolting this Koffing to death.


The name made it sound like a ferret, so I figured Eris could just zap her away. I winced when I saw it; looks like a Rock-type, at least. It doesn't take to electricity well, though.


Oh, f-


Stupid...rock-thing.


Toxic, then sleep powd - heey, Koga's withdrawing him?


...ookay, use a water-type against a grass-type. What do you call a trainer who does that? NOT A VERY GOOD TRAINER.


Only...Razor Leaf doesn't do much. It makes a little dent, but damn: it should've KO'd Gaia's rival.


What in the...


TAKE THAT! God, I love this bird. He's my revenge weapon.


And now the Electrode comes back.... :-(


Nobody faints Matthias and lives!


...why didn't I change pokemon? "Oh, it's just a bug," I said. Bugs aren't impressed by his fighting techniques.


VENGEANCE BIRD STRIKES AGAIN!


Maybe I should just let Drei handle the rest of Koga's team...and maybe I should start THINKING in this match instead of fighting by the seat of my pants.


The Bat from Hell survived, and used a Confuse Ray on Dre. The silly bird pecked himself stupid.


As did Hornblower. o_O

Well, that's my entire team...I lost. :-/

Or...DID I?


This is what I was doing while Blastoise punched himself to death.


...no, I haven't. That was an abysmal performance on my part, although a streak of bad luck didn't help: Blastoise and Dreikopf injured themselves every turn they were confused.


...go team.

Oh, well. We're off to Cinnabar Island for some real training.

No comments:

Post a Comment