Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Leave my Can Alone

In The Sims 2, sometimes neighbors will kick over a Sim's trashcan. Some Sims do it because it's fun: they're mean. Others do it because they're furious at the Sim in question. This can-kicking leaves a mess, which attracts roaches and causes flu. Flu is easily the most annoying of the game's diseases: Sims waste time coughing and throwing up, and since the disease is highly contagious, an entire household can be infected within minutes. I have a little solution for this.



First, I build a fence around the trashcan, leaving a space next to it.  I have to use a cheat (move_objects on) for this, since ordinarily players are not allowed to put anything near the road.


Now that I have a fence, I can put a gate there. This way, my Sims can put their trash in the can.


Finally, I lock the gate so only people living in the house can use it. Neighbors can no longer kick over the trash can. Simple, easy, and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment