Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Adventures of a Frathouse President: Prologue

I thought it might be fun to tell the story of four years in a Sims 2 frat house, from the perspective of one of my Sims who becomes the frat president. This first section is mostly introduction.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, hi. The name's Ray Iburg. My dad wanted to know what living the wild college life was like, so he's making me do this blog. I shouldn't say making -- well, anyway.  My dad sells used books on Main Street, or at least he did before my twin sister and I were born. We've got money, so he didn't really need to keep on. Anyway, this is my second semester at good ol' Sim State University, and my first as a member of Uresha Osha Cham.


UOC is one of the university's biggest and oldest fraternities: our only rival is the Tri-Var Sorority, right across the street. The frat house is a nice place to live:: since it's filled with pool tables, arcade machines, televisions, and the like, there's always something to do. It's usually crawling with people.


Since I'm the new guy, I've always got something to do. I'm responsible for doing all the little chores, like tending to the garden behind the house. This is something the current president, Clark Charvat, thought of -- or at least, I think. The garden, I mean. Making the new guy do the chores is a longstanding tradition.


Clark's a good guy: incredibly popular, but still nice. He's been president of UOC for years and is never at rest, always trying to find new members. UOC has to work to keep its membership rates up: there never seem to be enough willing guys, which is why after this year, not only will I be the only member living in the house, but I'll be the president. There's no one else to do it. Wild, right? His sister is the president of Tri-Var. Well, head of it. I don't know if they even have presidents like we do. Tri-Var tends to be a bit chaotic.

Here's Sinjin Nott, the other guy who lives with us. Sinjin...well, he's an all-right guy. Quiet, a little weird. He's like, depressed, but he's friendly all the same.  He used to be best friends with Clark, but they fell out over something. I don't know what -- maybe a girl -- but Sinjin is prone to spending the night outside in a tent and     crying. It's pretty sad, but I don't know how to approach him. Maybe I shouldn't talk about him here.



I can't say the first year was all that interesting. I dated a little.

Jaiden's cute, but I don't know how far we'll go.  I had a big party for my family once, but that was it.


Here's my twin sister Selena with my little brother Jesse. We're fraternal twins, obviously. Selena's a bit like me: real serious. Or is it really? Really serious.

My brother Jesse's a bit of a nature-boy, if you know what I mean. Well, I suppose you don't. He likes to work in the family garden, and he spends his nights listening to weird music and meditating. Anyway, he and his twin sister -- fraternal, again -- Erin, were born two years after Selena and I. Yeah, so that's why my dad never started selling books again. With two babies and two toddlers, his hands were kinda full, you know?


Speaking of which, here he is: dear ol' dad. His name is Thaddaeus, and when he moved here he wanted to start a counterculture movement. Instead, he married my mom -- Aurora Dreamer, heir to the Dreamer-Caliente fortune. Her first set of twins -- yeah --,  Rachel and Jamie, have the bulk of the fortune, but we've got plenty. I've got a big family, all right.


And here's Erin, the princess of the family. She likes going to parties and acting sophisticated, which makes her the odd one of the bunch: I'm a square, Selena was a loner, and Jessee lives in his own world. Plus, mom and dad? Geez. Neither of them work. They spend their time playing in the garden, painting inside, or locked in their bedroom. That's how come my mom has six kids. Oh, geez. I shouldn't have wrote that here. My mom...well, she was born into money and she's never really had to work, so she keeps a garden and paints.

That party was to celebrate me being "elected" president. I say elected because there was no other candidate:   Clark pretty much appointed me. I spent some of this semester with Clark, getting the feel for my responsibilities. They aren't much: our bills are mostly automatically paid. I just call services when we need them, make sure the house is in good order, and keep the membership roster up. I also get my portrait put on the wall. The inner foyer is lined with portraits of former presidents.


The first president to get his portrait done was Ashely Pitts, the guy on the far right. He's...well. He's kinda famous around town, because he made a fortune in dirty movies. He lives in a big mansion downtown by himself. He's associated with a criminal, so he's mostly an outcast. The next guy, wearing the green glasses, is Castor Nova. I know him better as Brother Nova: the guy's my pastor.  Next to them is...Micky Ruben, I think. I don't know much about him.  He supposedly turned UAC into the home of the university's indie culture.

The next president, again on the far right, is named Dameon Bennett. I don't know anything about him: I've heard his name. He's supposed to be a bum of some kind.  The next guy, playing the piano, is none other than Richard Goth!  Mr. Goth is famous in my neighborhood, of course: he's the first Goth in generations to be politically active, and his being elected Mayor when he decides to run for office is guaranteed.  Tucked into the corner there is Mark Cooper, who owns Cooper Furnishings on Main Street.


This guy is Michael Goth. He's Richard's...cousin, I think? He's also a quasi-brother-in-law. Remember that my mom had a set of twins before me? Well, one of my two older sisters -- Jamie Dreamer -- has been living with him for years. Few people in town like Michael Goth, because he's got a well-earned reputation for being an asshole.


More recent presidents are on the other side of the foyer, this time from left to right. The guy on the far left is Shane Newman, who you might know as the creator of The Sims.  


 

I actually sleep in his old bedroom. He was a major nerd then, and still is -- only now he's making money from his nerdiness as a game designer. Awesome, right?

The next guy, the red-head, is Trevor something or another. He's a cop. That's Jim McGaw next to him:  I've met Jim before. He's this tall, serious guy who doesn't say much but who could probably break a brick with his hand.  On the far right is Clark.


Here I am, posing for my portrait. Clark didn't tell me that he was including the poster.


And here I am, memorialized for all eternity by frowning under the poster of some cheap girl band. Sigh.


At the end of the semester, I waved goodbye to Clark and then relaxed. I've got a full semester in this house by myself to ready new residents. For now, though, I'm going to celebrate my place on the dean's list by taking it easy!


See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment