Screenshots, videos, guides, musings,and stories about various PC games.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Foiled Peasant

Frequent visitors to HomestarRunner.com may be familar with Peasant's Quest, a parody of old-school text-based games. I played around with it tonight out of boredom and found myself frequently amused by the game's many "little touches". It's easy to move around the game map, but interacting with the environment recquires text commands ("look ground", "get berry", that sort of thing), and what's needed to advance the plot isn't always obvious. Many of the locations in the game are locked at the start, and to amuse myself I would type things like "jimmy the lock", or "set fire to establishment". Here's another example.

Photobucket

Instead of the game telling me it didn't understand the command, though....

Photobucket

As far as I can tell, this is the only location in the game that responds to that command in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment